Cloud Services and support in Leeds
What does the Cloud mean?
It can be difficult as a business owner to understand what the cloud is and how it can help your business. In reality the Cloud has been around for a while and, in layman terms, its an extension of services that have been in existence for years. Serif engineers have supported 100's of businesses over the years with in house company servers and IT resources, making sure that they were reliable, backed up and available outside the office. The cloud is just an extention of that, by hosting all servers in huge cloud clusters that can be switched on and off as required, we can provide your business with enterprise level services.
Cloud Infrastructure (Infrastructure as a Service)
There is an importance to understand that there are various forms of cloud services. Cloud infrastructure falls into the different categories below;
- Public Cloud – Services that are provided on a secure pay as you go service but the infrastructure is shared off-site. More commonly, Software as a Service (SaaS) is becoming more widely used in Public Cloud environments.
- Private Cloud – Services that are delivered on a private cloud infrastructure solely deployed for that organisation or business and is not shared with any other customers.
- Hybrid Cloud – Consists of both private and public cloud infrastructure.
Cloud Infrastructure & Cloud Computing are physical servers and devices that are located in secure datacentres either in a private or public cloud type environment. These environments allow customers and vendors to utilise Software as a Service and Cloud Applications. An example of Cloud Infrastructure could be a remote desktop service whereby you log-on onto a virtual machine hosted in the cloud.
Software as a Service
Serif provides various cloud solutions but we primarily focus on Software as a Service which is more commonly known as Cloud Applications or just Apps. Our cloud applications are also used within both public or private environments depending on our clients requirements. Cloud Applications are applications that are accessed from Cloud Infrastructure environments. For example, Cloud Applications could include;
- Your email service that is managed off-site by a third party.
- It could be your Telephone System that is provided by hosted system in the Cloud rather than on-site at your office.
- It could be also be your company database, linked to a cloud marketing package
The truth is that you many not know what you need or what is available in the market to help your business. Most commonly our clients want to become more efficient by sharing data across multiple devices (Desktop, Laptop, Tablet and Mobile Phone) and becoming more collaborative with internal and external contacts. They also want to enable remote working that allows staff to work from home, increase a flexible working environment to compliment part time staff
Please call and speak to us about how you can invest in this technology and save vast amounts of money and hassle.
Our Cloud Partners:
Google - G Suite
Microsoft - Office 365
Amazon AWS - Cloud hosting infrastructure
AVG Cloud - Hosted antivirus and protection